LEXINGTON, Ky. (Jan. 19, 2017) – Kentucky American Water is now accepting applications for the 2017 American Water Environmental Grant Program. The grant awards will be available to organizations in Kentucky American Water’s service territory, which includes portions of 12 counties: Bourbon, Clark, Fayette, Franklin, Gallatin, Grant, Harrison, Jessamine, Owen, Nicholas, Scott and Woodford.
The program offers funds for innovative, community-based environmental projects that improve, restore or protect the watersheds, surface water and/or groundwater supplies through partnerships.
Kentucky American Water is committed to ensuring water quality through testing and treatment, as well as through consumer education and community source protection programs. The company believes everyone is an environmental steward in protecting community water supplies, and this program is one way to help communities play an active role in this important effort.
To qualify, proposed projects must:
• Address a source water or watershed protection need in the community
• Be completed between May 1, 2017 and Nov. 30, 2017
• Be a new or innovative program for the community, or serve as a significant expansion to an existing program
• Be carried out by a formal or informal partnership between two or more organizations
• Provide evidence of sustainability (continued existence after the American Water grant monies are utilized)
• Be located within Kentucky American Water’s service territory
Information and application requirements can be obtained from the company website at https://amwater.com/kyaw/about-us/environmental-grant-program. Applications should be emailed to [email protected] by March 27, 2017. If sending by U.S. Postal Service, applications should be postmarked by March 27, 2017, and mailed to Kentucky American Water, ATTN: External Affairs, 2300 Richmond Road, Lexington, KY 40502. Recipients will be notified by April 19, 2017.
Since the grant program’s launch in Kentucky in 2006, Kentucky American Water has awarded more than $174,000 in grant funds to area organizations making a difference to protect and preserve Kentucky watersheds and highlight the importance of water in our lives. The funds provided through this grant program are in addition to the company’s other ongoing corporate giving programs.