Mobile classroom provides financial planning assistance and job seeker’s assistance
LOUISVILLE, KY (Feb. 6, 2017) — The popular Fifth Third Bank Financial Empowerment Mobile, the eBus, will be visiting Louisville Feb. 13-17 and will be open to the public, Louisville Metro Community Services announced on Monday.
The eBus is a 40-foot retrofitted city bus equipped with onboard computer workstations and internet connectivity. It is staffed by professionals who provide free one-on-one personalized counseling, credit scores, financial coaching, budgeting, job search and other services.
The scheduled stops for the eBus are as follows:
• Mon., Feb. 13, NorthWest Neighborhood Place, 4018 W. Market St., 9 a.m. – 1 p.m.
• Tue., Feb. 14, Nia Center, 2900 W. Broadway, 12:30 – 4:30 p.m.
• Wed., Feb. 15, Baxter Community Center, 1125 Cedar St., 10 a.m. – 4 p.m.
• Thu., Feb. 16, Charmoli Center Neighborhood Place, 200 Juneau Dr., Suite 200, 9 a.m. – 3 p.m.
• Fri., Feb. 17, Edison Center, 701 W. Ormsby Ave., 10 a.m. – 3 p.m.
“We are excited to be partnering with Fifth Third Bank to provide residents with this easy and accessible way to gather the tools and information they need to make informed financial decisions”, stated Tina Lentz who leads several financial empowerment initiatives for Louisville Metro Community Services.
“We encourage all Louisvillians to take a few moments to experience the eBus and see first-hand all that it has to offer.”
Once onboard the eBus, visitors will be able to:
• Request a credit report and review it with a professional
• Receive personalized evaluation of finances
• Gain information about fraud awareness and prevention
• Receive internet banking and bill payment demonstrations
• Participate in home ownership seminars and foreclosure prevention sessions
• Conduct online job searches and learn how to create an effective resume
“We are committed to empowering our community through financial education,” says Mike Ash, Kentucky Regional President, Fifth Third Bank. “The eBus allows us to serve people where they live and work, and provide the knowledge and tools to help take control of their financial futures.”
For more information about the eBus schedule and features, contact Adam Hall, Community Development Relationship Manager with Fifth Third Bank, at 502-562-5584 or [email protected].