Fifth consecutive year Lexmark receives maximum number of awards from Manufacturing Leadership Council
LEXINGTON, Ky. (March 13, 2017) — Lexmark International, Inc., a global imaging solutions leader, has won three 2017 Manufacturing Leadership Awards from Frost & Sullivan’s Manufacturing Leadership Council.
These awards recognize companies and individuals that are shaping the future of global manufacturing.
Lexmark won awards for outstanding achievement in three categories:
Collaborative Innovation Leadership
• The winning project, Visual Process Management, has helped Lexmark improve the process of customizing printers for customers in North America by implementing online dashboards, enabling Lexmark and its third-party logistics partner to monitor each order in real-time using live data.
• As a result of this collaboration, Lexmark has been able to improve product delivery, decrease cost and enhance quality of the customized products.
IoT in Manufacturing Leadership
• As recognized in its winning Predictive Service project, Lexmark has built an operational analytics engine that leverages predictive algorithms and models based on device alerts and deep sensor data.
• Through this technology, Lexmark has been able to use the power of big data to bring new capabilities online, such as automatically initiating service requests to greatly reduce the support burden and end-user disruption for its customers.
Supply Chain Leadership
• The winning project, Finished Goods Pull Replenishment, has enhanced Lexmark’s ability to meet customer demand by changing the production planning process for printers built by a contract manufacturer in Asia.
• Eliminating waste in the manufacturing and planning processes enabled Lexmark to schedule production based on actual demand, not forecasted demand. This has helped the company better meet customer needs while improving internal metrics of cost and inventory.
This marks the fifth straight year Lexmark has won the maximum number of Manufacturing Leadership Awards a company is eligible to receive in a calendar year.
Lexmark will be recognized at the 13th Annual Manufacturing Leadership Awards Gala, which will conclude the Manufacturing Leadership Summit, June 12-14 at the Hyatt Regency Huntington Beach Resort and Spa in Huntington Beach, California.
“Lexmark is honored to once again receive the maximum number of Manufacturing Leadership Awards, further validating our focus on operational excellence across our business,” said Tonya Jackson, Lexmark senior vice president and chief supply chain officer. “We are committed to continually improving our processes to provide best-in-class products, solutions and services to our customers.”