NEW ALBANY, Ind. (April 7, 2017) – One Southern Indiana (1si) announced the winners of its 29th annual ONE Awards, last night at a dinner held at Huber’s Orchard, Winery & Vineyard’s Plantation Hall. More than 350 attendees celebrated the success of these local and regional businesses.
The program recognized finalists in seven business categories who were showcased in customized videos before representatives of each award’s sponsor announced the winners. Nominees’ scores were evaluated by an independent panel of judges based on criteria of business history, community involvement, response to adversity, newly-created opportunities, and innovation in products or services. Nominees were also scored through an online poll.
Wendy Dant Chesser, president and CEO of 1si, said, “We were honored to present the ONE Award nominees and winners to our membership last night. These awards are an opportunity to not only recognize regional businesses that are exceptional in their fields but also introduce outstanding member businesses to the community at large. In all, 18 companies shared the spotlight! The evening was a testament to the quality of businesses that choose to be members of 1si and we couldn’t be prouder to be their chamber and economic development organization.”
The program was emceed by Dant Chesser along with Current Chair of the Board Paul Perkins who opened and closed the program, and Lisa Huber, incoming chair of the board and chair of the 1si economic development council, highlighting the success of 1si in business retention, expansion and attraction. Next week, 1si will announce its 150th economic development project since 2006. The announcement will represent a total of more than $413 million in new annual payroll and $1.63 billion in capital investment in Clark and Floyd counties.
Dant Chesser gave an overview of the organization. She briefly spoke to regional efforts in which 1si has engaged over the past year. including the passing of Indiana House Bill 1286. Talent Development has become a priority for 1si with the partnership in the Ford Next Generation Learning Initiative and the Region 10 partners Skill UP! Grant. Dant Chesser also addressed branding of the 1si organization, and the community at large, as a priority for the coming year.
How 1si is serving its members is also a subject touched on by Dant Chesser. She took several minutes to outline several benefits to membership including affinity programs such as the Member Insurance Benefits (MIB) program and the Google 360 partnership.
Dant Chesser closed out her comments with an invitation to members to help with upcoming strategic planning for the organization. The five-year plan, introduced in 2013, will be updated for the organization in coming months.
Congratulations to the 2016 winners:
• Indiana University Southeast, winner of the Brown-Forman Corporation Diversity Champion ONE Award
• University of Louisville, winner of the Baptist Health Growing Healthy Lives ONE Award
• POSCO AAPC, winner of the Stites & Harbison, PLLC Economic Development Impact Project of the Year ONE Award
• Assured Partners NL, winner of the Axiom Financial Strategies Group of Wells Fargo Advisors, LLC, Business Retention and Expansion Project of the Year ONE Award
• Orange Clover Kitchen & More, winner of the Commerce Bank Rising Star ONE Award
• The Exchange Pub + Kitchen, winner of the German American Bank Business of the Year ONE Award for companies with 50 or fewer employees
• First Harrison Bank, winner of the Park Community Credit Union Business of the Year ONE Award for companies with 51 or more employees
One Southern Indiana’s Business Awards Program sponsors are listed as follows:
• Axiom Financial Strategies Group of Wells Fargo Advisors, LLC
• Baptist Health
• Brown-Forman Corporation
• Commerce Bank
• German American Bank
• Park Community Credit Union
• Stites & Harbison, PLLC
• Assured Partners NL
• Lloyd’s Florist
• Louisville Business First
• MCM CPAs & Advisors
• Q5 Division, LLC
• Sounds Unlimited Productions
• Centra Credit Union
• LL&A Interior Design
• Nu-Yale Cleaners
• PNC Bank
• WesBanco Bank, Inc.
L & D Mail Masters, Inc.
Ticket to Ride
Cocktail Reception Sponsor
Huber’s Orchard, Winery & Vineyards