FRANKFORT, Ky. (May 24, 2017) – Gov. Matt Bevin today made the following appointments to Kentucky Boards and Commissions:
Dr. Tad Dean Seifert has been appointed to the Kentucky Boxing and Wrestling Commission.
• Dr. Tad Dean Seifert, of Louisville, is a neurologist. Seifert will represent medical doctors. He shall serve for a term expiring May 16, 2020.
The Kentucky Boxing and Wrestling Commission oversees all professional boxing, wrestling and full contact competitive bouts and exhibitions held in Kentucky. Attached to the Public Protection Cabinet for administrative purposes, it licenses contestants, officials and promoters.
Dr. Mark E. Lynn, Michael Edward Poynter, and Andrew Marshall Coyle have been appointed to the State Fair Board.
• Dr. Mark E. Lynn, of Louisville, is an optometrist. Lynn will represent citizen members and serve as Chair of the Board. He shall serve for a term expiring May 10, 2021.
• Michael Edward Poynter, of Stanford, is retired. Poynter will represent the Kentucky Association of Fairs and Horse Shows. He shall serve for a term expiring May 10, 2021.
• Andrew Marshall Coyle, of Owingsville, is a farmer. Coyle will represent Kentucky Farm Bureau. He shall serve for a term expiring May 10, 2021.
The State Fair Board is the governing body for Kentucky Venues, which manages the Kentucky Exposition Center and the Kentucky International Convention Center. In addition to managing both facilities, Kentucky Venues owns and produces events, and owns land for more than a dozen properties, including hotels, restaurants and parking garages.
Deborah Gill and Megan Finnie have been appointed to the Kentucky Board of Licensure and Certification for Dietitians and Nutritionists.
• Deborah Gill, of Versailles, is a treatment coordinator. Gill will represent citizen members. She shall serve for a term expiring July 15, 2020.
• Megan Finnie, of Lexington, is a registered dietitian. Finnie will represent health care facilities other than hospitals. She shall serve for a term expiring July 15, 2019.
The Kentucky Board of Licensure and Certification for Dietitians and Nutritionists oversees licensing of eligible candidates for entry into the profession of dietetics and nutrition. It recommends appropriate changes in the law to assure fairness and equality and conducts formal hearings when necessary.