Called Kentucky Cloud Career Pathways
FRANKFORT, Ky. (July 10, 2017) — The Kentucky Education and Workforce Development Cabinet today announced a new collaboration among state, education, non-profit and private sector parties aimed at creating Kentucky Cloud Career Pathways.
Kentucky Cloud Career Pathways are specific courses and educational opportunities designed to prepare students with the skill sets needed to address the massive growth and job opportunities in cloud, cyber security, and computer science fields.
Kentucky Cloud Career Pathways is a public-private collaboration among the following parties:
- Kentucky Education and Workforce Development Cabinet, Department of Education, Labor Cabinet, Economic Development Cabinet
- Kentucky Community and Technical College System (KCTCS)
- Project Lead The Way (PLTW), a nonprofit education organization
- Amazon Web Services, Inc. (AWS), a leading cloud computing company
Kentucky’s Cloud Career Pathways vision includes:
- Developing Cloud Career Pathways for Kentucky’s K-12 students, college-bound students, and adult learners
- Infusing and expanding cloud, cyber security, and computer science curriculum across Kentucky’s K-12 schools and KCTCS
- Driving awareness of cloud careers and associated industry certifications via online videos educating participants on jobs available
- Creating dual credit opportunities for Cloud Career Pathway participants to support the importance of continuity in technical education between K-12 and higher education
- Mapping private sector employers, both located in Kentucky and those offering virtual employment opportunities to Kentucky residents, to Cloud Career Pathways participants via online the AWS Educate jobs board and other programs for apprenticeships, internships, and jobs
- Providing professional development for K-12 and KCTCS teachers and instructors