Sixth cohort to include startups specializing in augmented reality, healthcare, workplace productivity, language development, and more
COVINGTON, Ky. (Aug. 25, 2017) — UpTech, Greater Cincinnati’s accelerator for data-driven startups, has selected nine startups to take part in the accelerator’s sixth cohort, UpTech 6.
The startups are from Los Angeles, Israel, and Cincinnati and will begin their 5+1 month program on Sept. 5.
Each startup receives an investment of up to $50,000 and free office space in UpTech’s Covington location. Additionally, UpTech provides each startup a team of business support partners, mentors, community partners, and a wealth of other resources designed to educate and guide the startups as they aspire to become investable startups.
“It’s great to be back for another year. The region continues the upward trend of developing and attracting some of the best entrepreneurs. I’m fortunate to be a part of a community working with innovators. Every year I’m seeing startup founders who are more knowledgeable and ‘startup mature.’ Make no mistake, this is because of the amazing group effort of everyone in our community,” said JB Woodruff, program director, UpTech.
This year, UpTech is partnering with St. Elizabeth Healthcare, recently ranked as the #2 Best Hospital by US News and World report in both the state of Kentucky and the Cincinnati Metro area, to offer qualified health tech startups a unique opportunity. St. Elizabeth will provide the startup with access to top health advisors and mentors to provide industry expertise and direct product feedback. The partnership is the first in UpTech’s corporate partner program which is designed to actively engage the region’s corporations to provide startups with industry-specific connections and possible pilot opportunities.
“By partnering with regional corporations we’re addressing two key needs for startups, feedback from industry experts and customer connections. We’re also helping corporations by being one of many ways they can focus on innovation and inspire cultural change. This year we’re partnering with St. Elizabeth to help develop groundbreaking cancer screening technology. Everyone has been wonderful to work with and we can’t wait to get started,” said Woodruff.
UpTech helps its startups get market-ready by providing each with access to a myriad of mentors, learning opportunities, and a dedicated team of professionals with backgrounds in accounting, banking, legal, and sales and marketing.
UpTech’s newest portfolio companies include the following:
• Central: Central enables companies to effectively sell, recruit, operate, and deliver by providing access to the internal systems and the data they need, when they need it. [Cincinnati, OH]
• CrownMob: CrownMob removes the hassle of connecting consumers to creatives (barbers/stylists) and product retailers in the ethnic hair industry. [Cincinnati, OH]
• Endorsify: Endorsify makes it easy for brands to make more informed influencer marketing decisions. [Los Angeles, CA]
• glimmar: glimmar connects brands to people by creating deep, engaging augmented reality experiences. [Cincinnati, OH]
• Magentiq Eye: Magentiq Eye helps medical professionals see beyond the visible. They apply cutting-edge deep learning, computer vision, and video analysis technologies to medical endoscopic procedures. [Haifa, Israel]
• Shopperations: Shopperations enables brands and retailers to manage, track, analyze and optimize shopper marketing campaigns. [Cincinnati, OH]
• SuiteSeat: SuiteSeat enhances the event attendee experience while providing event organizers valuable insights to better understand and serve their customers. [Cincinnati, OH]
• TrekMarker: TrekMarker revolutionizes customer experiences, both digital and physical, through the use of guided empathy questions to find the best qualitative insights. [Cincinnati, OH]
• Zid Zid: Zid Zid enables preschool children, together with their parents and teachers, to discover foreign languages through real-world play and on-screen activities. [Cincinnati, OH]
UpTech is Greater Cincinnati’s premier accelerator for data-driven startups. The intense, 5+1-month accelerator program develops investable startups by providing intense education and mentorship in relevant areas of business development that range from marketing and fundraising to market research and pitching the company to both investors and clients. For more information on UpTech, please visit http://www.uptechideas.org/