VERSAILLES, Ky. (Dec. 1, 2017) – The Kentucky Community and Technical College System (KCTCS) Board of Regents received positive results from the organization’s annual independent financial audit for the fiscal year 2016-17. The opinion issued by Crowe Horwarth LLP was an “unmodified opinion,” the highest opinion offered by public accounting firms. KCTCS has received an unmodified opinion every year since its inception in 1998.
“We are extremely pleased with the outcome of this audit,” said KCTCS Board of Regents Chair Marcia L. Roth. “It clearly demonstrates KCTCS’ commitment to strong stewardship and fiscal responsibility, which is key to accomplishing our promise to making life better for our students, communities and the citizens of Kentucky.”
The board also approved an associate in applied science (AAS) in agricultural technology with tracks in agricultural technology and sustainable agriculture for Elizabethtown Community and Technical College to be implemented in the fall of 2018.
In other action, the board:
- Ratified six certificate programs.
- Approved 7,760 academic credential requests between July 18, 2017 – Oct. 2, 2017 (associate degrees, diplomas and certificates). These credentials include:
- 5,236 candidates for certificates
- 381 candidates for diplomas
- 2,143 candidates for associate degrees
The next KCTCS Board of Regents meeting will be March 15 – 16, 2018 at the KCTCS System Office in Versailles.