FRANKFORT, Ky. (Dec. 5, 2017) – Gov. Matt Bevin has made the following appointments to Kentucky boards and commissions:
Livinus Chidi Uba and Jeanie Carson have been appointed to the Kentucky Board of Alcohol and Drug Counselors.
- Rev. Livinus Chidi Uba, of Ashland, is chaplain, clinical supervisor and clinical director for Ultimate Treatment Center. He will represent alcohol and drug counselors and serve for a term expiring July 16, 2020.
- Jeanie Carson, of Kirksey, is a recovery coordinator for the Calloway County Drug Court. She will represent alcohol and drug counselors and serve for a term expiring July 16, 2020.
The Kentucky Board of Alcohol and Drug Counselors examines and certifies all eligible candidates for entry into the profession of alcohol and drug counseling in the Commonwealth. It recommends appropriate changes in the law to assure fairness and equality, conducts formal hearings when necessary and prosecutes by due process any violators of state statute.
Paul D. Playforth has been appointed to the State Board of Auctioneers.
- Paul D. Playforth, of Stanford, is an auctioneer and real estate professional with Ford Brothers. He will serve for a term expiring Oct. 31, 2020.
The State Board of Auctioneers administers the examination, licensure and regulation of auctioneers, apprentice auctioneers, limited livestock auctioneers, limited tobacco auctioneers and auction house operators in the Commonwealth.
Virginia Helphinstine Reeves and Lori Kathryn Ulrich have been appointed to the Buffalo Trace Covered Wooden Bridge Authority.
- Virginia Helphinstine Reeves, of Wallingford, is a retired library media specialist and grant writer. She will represent Fleming County and serve for a term expiring Oct. 24, 2021.
- Lori Kathryn Ulrich, of Mayslick, is director of human resources, marketing and community relations for Fleming-Mason Energy. She will represent Mason County and serve for a term expiring Oct. 24, 2021.
The Buffalo Trace Covered Wooden Bridge Authority is dedicated to preserving, protecting and maintaining all covered wooden bridges within the Buffalo Trace region of the Commonwealth.
Mitch Dayle Buchanan has been appointed to the Kentucky Board of Home Inspectors.
- Mitch Dayle Buchanan, of Frankfort, is a home inspector with Capital City Home Inspection. He will represent home inspectors and serve for a term expiring Oct. 31, 2020.
The Kentucky Board of Home Inspectors administers and regulates the licensing and conduct of home inspectors within the Commonwealth.
Melanie Driscoll and Douglas Keefe have been appointed to the Board of Speech-Language Pathology and Audiology.
- Dr. Melanie Driscoll, of Simpsonville, is an audiologist and owner of Eastpoint Audiology. She will represent audiologists and serve for a term expiring July 15, 2019.
- Douglas Keefe, of Louisville, is a speech-language pathologist with Jefferson County Public Schools. He will represent speech-language pathologists and serve for a term expiring July 15, 2020.
The Board of Speech-Language Pathology and Audiology regulates the licensing for speech and language pathologists and audiologists in the Commonwealth and ensures that licensed practitioners perform according to the Board’s codes of conduct.