NEW ALBANY, Ind. (Jan. 18, 2018) – One Southern Indiana (1si), the chamber of commerce and economic development organization for Clark and Floyd counties, announced today that nominations for the 2018 ONE Awards were now being taken.
The “ONE” Award recognizes the finest 1si member-owned businesses in one of five categories. Nominees who submit an application will be judged by an independent panel. Winners will be announced at the event on April 12 from 5:30-8 p.m. at Huber’s Orchard, Winery and Vineyard’s Plantation Hall in Borden, Ind.
Finalists for these awards will be selected based on a variety of criteria including business history, community involvement, response to adversity, newly-created opportunities and innovation in products or services. Nominations for the following categories are now being taken:
• The Rising Star Award is given to a company who has been in business from 1-5 years. Companies must be located or headquartered in the Southern Indiana/Louisville Metro area.
• Business of the Year Award for companies with 50 or less employees is given to a company that demonstrates business growth and community involvement. Companies must be located or headquartered in the Southern Indiana/Louisville Metro area.
• Business of the Year Award for companies with 51 or more employees is given to a company that demonstrates business growth and community involvement. Companies must be located or headquartered in the Southern Indiana/Louisville Metro area.
• Non-Profit Program of the Year is an established category with a new twist highlighting innovative and successful programs, initiatives or activities in member non-profit organizations.
• WorkHub Innovation Award is a new category that recognizes company culture and encompassing programs working in diversity, workplace health and green initiatives. The award is given to a specific program or approach in a 1si organization
“We have updated the ONE Awards to reflect 1si’s commitment to corporate culture with an emphasis on results,” said Wendy Dant Chesser, president and CEO of 1si. “The Non-Profit Program Award switches the emphasis from an organization that does good work, of which there are many in our membership, to specific programs that have a direct impact on our business community and its vitality. The new WorkHub Innovation award, which contains elements of the Growing Healthy Lives and Diversity Champion awards, will recognize successful programs created by 1si members to attract, retain and expand their workforce through purpose and culture. We anticipate over 50 nominations in the five categories.”
If you are interested in nominating a business for a ONE Award, you may do so online at www.1si.org. Self-nominations are also accepted. For more information on attending or sponsoring this event, please call Amber Miller at 812-206-9042 or email [email protected].