OWENSBORO, Ky. (April 9, 2018) – Owensboro Health has named its 2018 President’s Award recipients, recognizing 10 staff members for their dedication to the system’s mission and core values.
The President’s Awards were established in 1996 and are presented annually. The individuals who earn the award are recognized for their above-and-beyond dedication to the health system’s core commitments of integrity, service, respect, excellence, innovation and teamwork. Honorees are chosen based on nominations from their co-workers. The nomination process is anonymous and all nominations are scrubbed of any identifying information. Winners are chosen by a committee, which is made up of previous President’s Award recipients.
The awards are a closely held secret right up to the time they are presented. Recipients are not given advance warning and are surprised by an award entourage that includes their family and friends. The presentations are also recorded by a full film and photography crew. The videos, photos and biographies are shown at an annual dinner event, which is held in honor of the recipients.
This year’s winners are:
- Cheryle Brown, RN – Registered nurse, Owensboro Health Medical Group – Palliative Care
- Betty Daugherty, PTA – Physical therapy assistant, Owensboro Health Muhlenberg Community Hospital – Physical Therapy
- Kim Hardison, RN – Registered nurse, Owensboro Health Regional Hospital – Critical Care Unit
- Kristan Higgs, PharmD, BCPS – Clinical pharmacy specialist, Owensboro Health Regional Hospital – Pharmacy
- Lila Lassiter – Executive assistant, Owensboro Health Muhlenberg Community Hospital – Administration
- Angie Leisure, RN – Registered nurse, Owensboro Health Regional Hospital – Clinical support
- Kim Manley – Laboratory purchasing agent, Owensboro Health Regional Hospital – Laboratory
- Tami Murphy – Purchasing agent, Owensboro Health Regional Hospital – Materials Management
- Michael Sisley – Director of Respiratory Services, Owensboro Health Regional Hospital – Respiratory
- James E. Tidwell III, MD – Plastic and reconstructive surgeon, Owensboro Health Medical Group – Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery
Owensboro Health President and CEO Greg Strahan said presenting this award is always an enjoyable experience and is one of the highlights of the year.
“The President’s Award winners are genuinely special to us. Their devotion to Owensboro Health’s mission to heal the sick and to improve the health of the communities we serve, is exemplary,” Strahan said. “They go the extra mile for our patients and for each other.”
President’s Award recipients, as part of their recognition, can choose from a selection of prizes. Affiliated and employed physicians receiving the award can choose a charity of their choice to receive a donation from Owensboro Health in the award recipient’s name. This year, Dr. James Tidwell donated half of his award to a local charity and half to “Faith in Practice” for mission trips to Guatemala to repair cleft lips.