LEXINGTON, Ky. (April 11, 2018) — Lexington’s Department of Environmental Quality and Public Works is conducting a survey to determine how best to communicate with citizens about issues in our community. Lexington residents may receive a phone call or letter with a request to participate in a survey about environmental concerns in Lexington and in their neighborhoods.
The survey will be conducted by OpinionWorks, a research firm that has been hired by the city to conduct and analyze the survey. If you are chosen to participate by phone, you will receive a call from phone number (859) 412-1445.
What to expect if you receive a call:
• Calls will come in on both land lines and cell phones.
• A professional, live caller will interview you in either English or Spanish (your choice).
• It will take about 15 minutes to complete the survey.
• Call will be made during daytime or evening hours.
• Only residents 25 and over will be asked to participate.
If you are asked to participate by mail, you will receive a packet that contains a survey and a postage paid envelope that you can use to return the completed survey.
We encourage residents who receive a phone call or packet to participate. Your responses will be kept anonymous and combined with responses from other residents. This information will be used to determine how Lexington can improve our environment and communicate with residents.
A report summarizing the data will be made available to the public in late 2018.