LOUISVILLE, Ky. (April 19, 2018) — The Young Professionals Association of Louisville (YPAL) has announced its 2018-19 board of directors. The incoming board is composed of young professionals who represent a broad range of industries and backgrounds and are unified in their desire to make Louisville a better place for young professionals to live, work and play.
The board will be led by incoming President Aimee Jewell, employer engagement coordinator at the University of Louisville Career Development Center. She organizes the university’s events and career fairs for nearly 18,000 students, manages the center’s marketing and social media initiatives, coordinates employer campus visits, and meets one-on-one with students to prepare them for the full-time job search.
Jewell has been a YPAL member since 2013. She has served as the director of professional development, vice president of development, vice president of community, and currently serves as the president-elect. As president, Jewell will lead the execution of the organization’s strategic plan and manage the group’s diversity and inclusion initiatives.
She currently acts as a regional leader for LeanIn.org and is the leader of Lean In Louisville, an organization that fights for gender equality and empowers all women to achieve their ambitions. Jewell sits on the Metro United Way Board of Directors, is the vice-president of Assumption High School’s Alumnae, holds the membership director role for the Kentucky Association of Colleges and Employers, and volunteers with Big Brothers Big Sisters of Kentuckiana.
She graduated from Bellarmine University with a master of arts in communication and attended the University of Louisville, where she earned her bachelor of science in communication.
The 2018-19 YPAL board term will begin effective July 1, 2018.
Other members of the board are the executive committee:
- President-Elect: Nathan Shanks – Maverick Insurance Group
- Immediate Past President: Drew Eckman – Frost Brown Todd
- Treasurer: Westley Vance – MCM CPAs & Advisors
- Secretary: Kellie Money – Frost Brown Todd LLC
- VP of Public Relations: Sally George – Doe-Anderson
- VP of Community: Jenna Haugen – University of Louisville
- VP of Programming: Rudy Ellis – Goldberg Simpson, LLC
- VP of Engagement: Gary Spence – Republic Bank
- Communications: Kristina Johns – Vest Advertising
- Technology: Jay Brown – Smart Data Systems
- Community Outreach: Mandy Jackson – Gunderson Marketing
- Public Issues: Jack Newton – Louisville Downtown Partnership
- Entertainment: Hunter T Ellington – Fifth Third Private Bank
- Professional Development: Sarah Humphrey – Home of the Innocents
- Leadership: Laura Nunnelley – University of Louisville College of Business
- Diversity & Inclusion: Kasen Meek – Uspiritus
- Recruitment: Cassidy Hyde – Make-A-Wish Ohio, Kentucky and Indiana
- Membership: Christian Bowles – Q2 Business Capital