FRANKFORT, Ky. — Gov. Matt Bevin has made the following appointments to Kentucky boards and commissions.
Beverly H. Griffith has been appointed as a member of the Personnel Board.
- Beverly H. Griffith, of Owensboro, is a retired attorney. She will serve for a term expiring Jan. 1, 2023.
The Kentucky Personnel Board promotes merit principles in government service and the improvement of personnel standards in the state service. The Board hears the appeals of classified employees and other employees who believe they have been penalized without cause.
Jason Dean Crockett has been appointed as a member of the Kentucky Board of Barbering.
- Jason Dean Crockett, of West Paducah, is a broadcaster. He will represent citizens at-large and serve for a term expiring Feb. 1, 2022.
The Kentucky Board of Barbering conducts periodic inspections of barber shops and barber schools. It determines whether each individual and business has the required license, follows up on complaints regarding those individuals working without licenses and investigates other violations of the law and inspects premises of shops and schools to determine compliance with sanitary standards and physical requirements as established by the Board.
Ann Elizabeth Simmons has been appointed as a member of the Kentucky Board of Licensure and Certification for Dietitians and Nutritionists.
- Ann Elizabeth Simmons, of Hartford, is a clinical nutrition manager. She will serve for a term expiring July 15, 2022.
The Board of Dietitians and Nutritionists administers and enforces the statutory authority and monitors the needs of the consuming public. The Board licenses all eligible candidates for entry into the profession of Dietetics and Nutrition. It recommends appropriate changes in the law to assure fairness and equality. The Board conducts formal hearings when necessary and prosecutes by due process any violators of KRS 310.
Brock M. MacKay, Patrick D. Hoagland and Connie L. Allen have been appointed as members of the Kentucky Board of Landscape Architects.
- Brock M. MacKay, of Verona, is a landscape architect. He will represent landscape architects and serve for a term expiring Feb. 1, 2022; and
- Patrick D. Hoagland, of Lexington, is a landscape architect. He will represent landscape architects and serve for a term expiring Feb. 1, 2022; and
- Connie L. Allen, of Harrodsburg, is an engineer. She will represent citizens at-large and serve for a term expiring Feb. 1, 2022.
The Kentucky Board of Landscape Architects is an independent state agency whose purpose is to protect the public by administering and enforcing the statutes and regulations governing the practice of Landscape Architecture in the Commonwealth of Kentucky.