LOUISVILLE, Ky. — Five startups had the chance to pitch their company at the bioLOGIC Innovation Award (BIA) Pitch Day Finals held in Louisville, Ky. at The Center by SIDIS on Feb. 27, with one one walking away with $50K for their efforts to advance human health.
Based in Jeffersonville, Ind., the 2020 BIA Pitch Day winner, Moxie Girl, is a software company focused on developing an accessible, action-oriented connected-health platform focused on adolescent girls. By combining relatable near-peer mentors, a peer community, and empowering pediatricians, therapists and their patients through proprietary patient understanding on emotional and mental health, Moxie Girl aims to grow 10 million confident girls in 10 years.
“This year’s finalists were incredibly impressive and we applaud them for their efforts to advance human health with such passion and creativity,” said Charlie LeCroix, bioLOGIC Foundation board member and a member of the Pitch Day Finals judging committee. “We were particularly impressed with the ambitious mission of Moxie Girl and its connected health platform concept which shows real promise and, based on the data presented, is filling an ever-widening gap in adolescent mental health.”
Moxie Girl presented alongside an impressive cohort of finalists, ranging from medical diagnostics to cancer treatment to mental health. The give finalists were entrepreneurs from Ohio, Indiana and Kentucky and included:
- Alphyn Biologics, LLC (Cheviot, Ohio)
- Amplified Sciences, LLC (West Lafayette, Ind.)
- Innovative Therapeutix, Inc. (Louisville, Ky.)
- Moxie Girl (Jeffersonville, Ind.)
- SalvePeds (South Bend, Ind.)
At the 2020 Pitch Day event, attendees from the tri-state area also had the chance to hear from new Greater Louisville Inc. president and CEO, Sarah Davashar-Wisdom, Gravity Diagnostics president and CEO, Tony Remington, and SIDIS CEO and Chairman, Nigel Ferrey. The startups presented to a highly qualified panel of judges which included members of the bioLOGIC Board of Directors and the foundation’s Community Advisory Group listed below:
- Board Member Nigel Ferrey, president and CEO, SIDIS
- Board Member Dr. MaryBeth Privitera, principal, HS Design, Inc.
- Board Member Dr. Charlie LeCroix, corporate secretary, SIDIS
- Board Member Dr. Jordan Bonomo, associate professor, Emergency Medicine / Neurocritical Care / Neurosurgery
- CAG Member Grace Simrall, chief of Civic Innovation and Technology, Louisville Metro Government
- CAG Member Jennifer Dauer, managing director, CincyTech
- CAG Member. Kyle Keeney, entrepreneur in residence, Elevate Ventures