LOUISVILLE, Ky. — The Young Professionals Association of Louisville (YPAL) has announced its 2020-2021 board of directors.
The incoming board is composed of young professionals who represent a broad range of industries and backgrounds and are unified in their desire to make Louisville a better place for young professionals to live, work and play. The board will be led by incoming President, Rudy J. Ellis III, Associate Attorney at Dinsmore & Shohl LLP. The 2020-2021 YPAL Board term will begin effective July 1, 2020.
Other members of the board are the executive committee:
- President-Elect: Cassidy Hyde – Make-A-Wish Ohio, Kentucky, and Indiana
- Immediate Past President: Nathan Shanks – Logan Lavelle Hunt
- Treasurer: Patrick Wilson – MCM CPAs & Advisors
- Secretary: John Weber– Frost Brown Todd LLC
- VP of Public Relations: Betsy Oyler Appleton – Confluent Health
- VP of Community: Dexter Horne – Louisville Public Media
- VP of Programming: Sarah Perry – Home of the Innocents
- VP of Engagement: Michelle Clay – Humana
- Communications: Eiman Zuberi – Louisville City FC
- Social Media: Sam Draut – Landmark Community Newspapers
- Technology: Jay Brown – Smart Data
- Community Outreach: Kelci Webb – Southeast Christian Church
- Public Issues: Lena Muldoon – Louisville Forward
- Professional Development: Leah Kelly – Brown-Forman
- Leadership: Woo Smith – Terracon Consultants, Inc.
- Diversity & Inclusion: Chris Redd – Healthcare IT Leaders
- Recruitment: Kulwant Singh – Farm Credit Mid-America
- Membership: Michael Clemons – Louisville Running Company
About Rudy J. Ellis III:
A YPAL member since 2016, Rudy J. Ellis III joined the Board of Directors in 2017 and currently serves as YPAL President-Elect until he takes the reins as YPAL President on July 1, 2020.
Ellis is an Associate Attorney with Dinsmore & Shohl LLP, a full-service national law firm with offices in twenty-six cities. While his legal practice primarily focuses on defense of labor and employment matters, he also has experience handling general litigation and construction law cases.
While in law school, Ellis was elected the Student Bar Association President and helped the school gain national recognition from the American Bar Association by winning two awards at the annual meeting. He was also the recipient of both the Robert C. Jayes Memorial Award and the Omicron Delta Kappa Honor Society Award by the Brandeis School of Law. Ellis was a member of the Louisville Law Review, Moot Court Board, and Multicultural Law Student Association.
Previously, Ellis was an Honoree for the 2017 Cystic Fibrosis Foundation Derby City’s Finest campaign. In addition to YPAL, he currently serves as Director of Communications for the CGI Charitable Giving Fund, a member of the Brandeis School of Law Alumni Council, and serves on the Board of Directors for Metro United Way.
Ellis holds a B.A. in Journalism from Indiana University (Bloomington) and a J.D. from the University of Louisville, Brandeis School of Law.
Ellis currently lives in Louisville and is engaged to be married in July to his fiancée Kristina, who he openly admits is the “cool one” in the relationship.