BOWLING GREEN, Ky. – The Warren County Parks and Recreation Department has announced that they reopened county park facilities Wednesday with new social distancing requirements and facility rules in effect. Their press release states that the following are now open in accordance with the Stage 5 Reopening Plan:
• Announces stage 5 (additional stages will follow with additional re-openings) re-opening of open green space at all parks, trails at all parks, Basil Griffin Park lake access areas, Phil Moore Park, Thomas Landing, Weldon Peete, and Romanza Johnson Park river access points, the Disc Golf Course at Ephram White Park, Phil Moore Park Dog Park.
- Additional openings include all county shelters with limited picnic tables and seating
- Disc Golf Courses open at Phil Moore Park, Michael O. Buchanon Park, and Basil Griffin Park
- Tennis courts system-wide
- Pickleball courts system-wide
- Limited basketball courts usage
- All participants must practice social distancing
- New Park Hours for all WCPRD properties will be from 8 am until 8 pm Monday through Sunday until further notice.
The following are remaining closed at this time, but it is hoped they will open in the later in the 8-staged reopening system:
- All buildings (including Admin. Office, Ephram White Gym, Michael O. Buchanon Gym, Phil Moore Gym, Ephram White Park Senior Center)
- All ball field areas and athletic complex areas system-wide, including all school-based ball fields
- All playgrounds system-wide
- Inline Hockey Facility
WCPRD is following a staged reopening plan that strictly follows the most current local, state, and federal guidelines and recommendations. The plan continues to be updated on a regular basis based on local health and safety recommendations.