LEXINGTON, Ky. — The preliminary numbers are in for the GoodGiving Challenge, and they reveal that $2.39 million was raised for 126 local nonprofits during the record-breaking, week-long online giving campaign that launched on Giving Tuesday. The GoodGiving Challenge connected charitable individuals with 126 local nonprofits by providing a convenient online giving platform at www.BGgives.org.
Since its inception in 2011, the GoodGiving Challenge has raised $14 million total for area nonprofits. Last year, the challenge raised $1.68 million for 131 local nonprofits through more than 7,900 gifts made. This year’s preliminary numbers show not only a 30% increase in funds raised, but they also show an increase in the number of gifts made, with 13,700 donations.
The 2020 GoodGiving Challenge featured over $600,000 in matching prizes that increased gifts by as much as 50 to 100%. Each day of the challenge offered opportunities to amplify gifts with matches and prizes, offered by the following sponsors:
- Clark County Community Foundation at BGCF — $250,000
- Murry Foundation — $100,000
- Marksbury Family Foundation — $60,000
- Mitchell Family Foundation at BGCF — $50,000
- Blue Grass Community Foundation (BGCF) — $30,000
- Thomson R. Bryant Jr. & Betty R. Bryant Fund at BGCF — $25,000
- MacAdam Family Foundation at BGCF — $25,000
- Knight Foundation Donor Advised Fund at BGCF — $25,000
- Total Wine & More — $23,000
- Hudson-Ellis Fund at BGCF — $20,000
- West Sixth Brewing — $5,000
- Edith D. Gardner Charitable Fund at BGCF