LOUISVILLE, Ky. (Feb. 10, 2012) – Churchill Downs Inc. (NASDAQ: CHDN) announced today that it acquired the assets of Bluff Media, an Atlanta-based multimedia poker content, brand and publishing company. Terms of the sale were not disclosed.
Bluff Media’s assets include:
• Industry-leading poker periodical, BLUFF Magazine;
• BLUFF Magazine’s online counterpart, BluffMagazine.com;
• ThePokerDB, a comprehensive online database and resource that tracks and ranks the performance of poker players and tournaments;
• A variety of leading blogs, forums, news and editorial content, and tournament and player rankings designed to serve the in-depth content interests of poker enthusiasts throughout the United States; and
• Various URL’s, including Bluff.com and BluffPoker.com.
In addition to the Churchill’s intention to further expand and build upon Bluff Media’s current content and business model, the company believes this acquisition potentially provides it with new business avenues to pursue in the event there is a liberalization of state or federal laws with respect to Internet poker in the United States.
Bluff Media is a multimedia poker content, brand and publishing company, and has never engaged in real money gaming. Bluff Media’s co-presidents, Eddy Kleid and Eric Morris, and vice president of online operations, Jeff Markley, will continue in their current roles.
Churchill Downs Inc. (“CDI”) (NASDAQ: CHDN), headquartered in Louisville, Ky., owns and operates the world-renowned Churchill Downs Racetrack, home of the Kentucky Derby and Kentucky Oaks, as well as racetrack and casino operations and a poker room in Miami Gardens, Fla.; racetrack, casino and video poker operations in New Orleans,. La.; racetrack operations in Arlington Heights, Ill.; and a casino resort in Greenville, Miss. CDI also owns the country’s premier account-wagering company, TwinSpires.com, and other advance-deposit wagering providers; the totalizator company, United Tote; and a collection of racing-related telecommunications and data companies.