This second annual Distillery Edition is pot-distilled by master distiller, Marlene Holmes, in a 300-gallon copper still, is non-chill filtered, and bottled at barrel proof. Only nine barrels were blended to create this stunner. The Distillery Edition Batch 2 Straight Bourbon Whiskey is now available exclusively at the Milam & Greene Whiskey distillery.
“We make our Distillery Edition Straight Bourbon Whiskey as a Certified Texas Whiskey, so people get to taste the personality of a whiskey mashed, fermented, distilled, and aged in Texas,” says Marlene Holmes, master distiller, Milam & Greene Whiskey. “The distinct lively character that we achieve in our whiskey distilled in Blanco is as much of a reflection of our distilling techniques using a classic bourbon mash bill for sweetness and spice, as it is a reflection of the unique environment in Texas.”
The Milam & Greene Distillery Edition Batch 2 Straight Bourbon Whiskey is crafted completely onsite in the heart of Texas Hill Country with a mash bill of 70 percent corn, 22 percent malted rye, and eight percent malted barley.
The mash bill and proprietary yeast recipe combined with barrel aging for three to three and a half years in the Texan terroir make this the most robust, spicy, and feisty spirit of the Milam & Greene range of whiskies. It is hand-bottled at barrel proof (57.5% ABV / 115 Proof) to showcase all of the complexities that the distilling team meticulously cultivated along the whiskey-making process. This bourbon is not for the faint of heart.
- Notes of caramel, cherry, and honey wrapped in a whisper of grain.
- The bottle is non-chill filtered for rich texture.
- A radiant colors of amber brown, honey, and topaz
- Vibrant, sweet aromas of caramel, cherry, honey, and vanilla that fade to resplendent scents of banana nut bread, and allspice.
- Bold bourbon has flavors of S’mores with dark chocolate, oak, sweet leather, toffee, heath bar, and cinnamon.
- It finishes dry and warm like a blanket by the fireplace.
Click here for more Bourbon Flight news.
Click here to sign up for The Bourbon Flight Newsletter (coming January 2022).