A simple twist on a holiday favorite. Drunken Bourbon Yams are sure to delight all who indulge.
- 6 tbsp. unsalted butter, at room temperature, divided, plus more for dish
- 6 sweet potatoes (4 pounds)
- 1/4 c. bourbon
- 4 tbsp. brown sugar
- Kosher salt
- 1 c. pecans, chopped
- 3/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Lightly butter a 2-quart baking dish. Roast potatoes on a rimmed baking sheet until a knife easily inserts into centers, 1 hour. Cool enough to handle, then remove and discard skins. Coarsely chop potatoes. Reduce oven temperature to 375°F.
- Mash together potatoes, bourbon, 2 tablespoons butter, and 1 tablespoon sugar in a bowl. Season with salt. Transfer to prepared baking dish. Combine pecans, cinnamon, remaining 4 tablespoons butter, and 3 tablespoons sugar in a second bowl. Sprinkle over potatoes.
- Bake until bubbly and warmed through, 30 to 35 minutes.
Click here for more Bourbon Flight news.
Click here to sign up for The Bourbon Flight Newsletter (coming January 2022).