This cocktail combines apples, bourbon, and a flaming cinnamon stick for a dramatic presentation and subtle smoky flavor.
- 1 cinnamon stick
- Crushed ice
- 1 ½ ounces bourbon
- 4 ounces apple juice
- 2 dashes of orange bitters
- Freshly cracked black pepper, optional
- An apple slice, for garnish
- Carefully light one end of the cinnamon stick on fire until the cinnamon stick is smoking.
- Place smoking cinnamon stick on a heat-safe surface and cover with a rocks glass.
- Let the smoke fill the glass for 2 to 4 minutes.
- Upright glass and fill with crushed ice
- Add bourbon and top with apple juice and bitters.
- Sprinkle with black pepper, if using.
- Garnish with apple slice and cinnamon stick.
Click here for more Bourbon Flight news.
Click here to sign up for The Bourbon Flight Newsletter (coming January 2022).