As the year comes to an end, the list of best bourbons of 2021 continues to pour in. This list comes from Independent New, a UK paper and online publication.
We provisionally tasted these bourbons on their own, without ice, and from identical glasses, using a blind-tasting method to avoid any bias. Each featured in a round of three or four, which were ranked before we knew which glass contained which bourbon. The best whiskey in each “round” was then tasted again (also blind) to determine the overall best bourbon.
- Best overall – Michter’s US∗1 Kentucky Straight Bourbon
- Best slow sipper – Yellowstone Select Kentucky Straight Bourbon
- Best for bourbon beginners – Woodford Reserve Kentucky Straight Bourbon
- Best bottle – Wild Turkey Longbranch
- Best budget buy – Ezra Brooks Kentucky Straight Bourbon
- Best farm distillery – Belmont Farm Kopper Kettle Straight Bourbon
- Best flavored bourbon – Few Cold Cut Bourbon
- Best newcomer – Wilderness Trail Single Barrel Bourbon
Click here for more Bourbon Flight news.
Click here to sign up for The Bourbon Flight Newsletter (coming January 2022).