Kentucky Wing Sauce is a versatile sauce that can be used with french fries, tenders or ribs. The sauce has just enough bourbon flavor to satisfy the palate but does not overwhelm the tastebuds.
- ½ cup wheated bourbon
- 1 cup tomato ketchup
- ¼ cup Worcestershire sauce
- 5 tablespoons rice vinegar
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- Add the bourbon to a large saucepan, ignite the liquid directly using a long match or stick lighter.
- Allow it to burn for 10 seconds. If the spirit doesn’t extinguish naturally, cover with a tight-fitting, heat-proof lid.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients and cook over medium heat for around 3 minutes, stirring occasionally to ensure the dry ingredients dissolve and the sauce does not splatter out the pan.
- Add wings to bowl and pour Kentucky Wing Sauce over and toss.
Click here for more Bourbon Flight news.
Click here to sign up for The Bourbon Flight Newsletter.