PADUCAH, Ky. (Feb. 27, 2012) — Dr. Keith Bird will speak at the Paducah Area Chamber of Commerce’s March 1 Power in Partnership (PIP) breakfast meeting. The topic for his speech will be “A Prepared Workforce.” The PIP will be sponsored by West Kentucky Community and Technical College (WKCTC).
Dr. Bird currently serves as Senior Policy Fellow for Workforce and Postsecondary Education, Corporation for a Skilled Workforce in Ann Arbor, MI. After 10 years as the first chancellor of the Kentucky Community and Technical College System, or KCTCS, he was honored by the Board of Regents in June 2009 as KCTCS Chancellor-Emeritus.
Dr. Bird is a frequent speaker at international, national, and regional conferences on the involvement of community colleges in economic and workforce development, workforce and skill standards certifications, career pathways, secondary/postsecondary alignment and collaboration, and business/industry partnerships.
- When: Thursday, March 1, 7:30 – 8:30 a.m.
- Where: Convention Center, Ohio Room
- Speaker: Dr. Keith Bird
- Sponsor: WKCTC
- Cost: $15 members; $25 non-members
- RSVP Deadline: Tues., Feb. 28, 5 p.m. to (270) 443-1746 or [email protected]
The Chamber’s Power in Partnership Breakfast will also include:
- Remarks from Chair of the Board, Tom Garrett
- Networking with your fellow Chamber members
- Introduction of new Chamber members
- Recognition of Elected Officials
- EntrePaducah’s “Entrepreneur of the Month”
- New! Paducah Economic Development “Expansion Business Award”
- Leadership Paducah Class “Business & Economy Day”
- Sponsor Profile and Door Prizes!
Please join us for this upcoming breakfast. If you are not a Power Card holder,
please RSVP by Tues., Feb. 28, to the Chamber at 443-1746 or [email protected]