FRANKFORT, Ky. (Sept. 26, 2014) — Gov. Steve Beshear has made the following appointments to Kentucky boards and commissions:
Appointed the State Board of Medical Licensure to serve for terms expiring Aug. 31, 2018:
- John J. McConnell, of Murray, is an insurance broker at McConnell Insurance. He represents citizens at large. The appointment replaces John C. Brewer, whose term has expired.
- Waqar A. Saleem, of Prospect, is a physician at KentuckyOne Health. He represents licensed medical physicians. The appointment replaces Asim R. Piracha.
Reappointed to the board to serve for terms expiring Aug. 31, 2018:
- C. William Briscoe, of Corbin, is a psychiatrist. He represents licensed medical physicians.
- Russell L. Travis, of Lexington, is a neurosurgeon. He represents licensed medical physicians.
Reappointed to the Kentucky Board of Veterinary Examiners, effective Sept. 29 to serve for terms expiring Sept. 28, 2018:
- Gene Smith, of Hazard, is a veterinarian at Appalachian Animal Hospital PSC.
- Eric S. Peterson, of Lexington, is a veterinarian at Equine Medical Associates.
Appointed to the Kentucky Motor Carrier Advisory Committee, to serve for terms expiring March 25, 2017:
- Leonard J. Dunman III, of LaGrange, is safety director at Mercer Transportation. He replaces William A. Usher, whose term has expired.
- William Hill, of Shepherdsville, is the owner of Hill Transportation Inc. He replaces Mark E. Edwards, whose term has expired.
Reappointed to the committee to serve for a term expiring March 25, 2017.
- Gary Paul Hanke, of Simpsonville, is owner and president of Pegasus Transportation.