Funds pay for arts-related field trips
FRANKFORT, Ky. (April 9, 2015) — The Kentucky Arts Council has awarded grants to five Kentucky schools to pay for transportation to and from arts-related field trips for students through the TranspARTation Grant.
The TranspARTation Grant, now in its third year, is awarded quarterly. Grants are based on the mileage from the school building to the arts organization or performance venue and the number of buses necessary.
Schools that received grants and the arts organizations they will visit are:
- Morgan County Middle School to the Living Arts & Science Center in Lexington, $728
- Lyon County Elementary School to the Carson Center in Paducah, $280
- Calloway County Middle School to the Carson Center in Paducah, $384
- Highland-Turner Elementary School in Breathitt County to The Lexington Ballet, $1,104
- Betsy Layne High School in Floyd County to the Greater Hazard Area Arts Council, $684