FRANKFORT, Ky. (May 13, 2015) — Nominations for gubernatorial appointments to the Commonwealth’s university boards of regents, boards of trustees and other higher education boards are currently being accepted.
The Governor’s Postsecondary Education Nominating Committee will consider the following vacancies at its next meeting:
· 3 positions on the University of Kentucky Board of Trustees
· 3 positions on the University of Louisville Board of Trustees
· 2 positions on the Eastern Kentucky University Board of Trustees
· 2 positions on the Western Kentucky University Board of Regents
· 2 positions on the Northern Kentucky University Board of Regents
· 2 positions on the Morehead State University Board of Regents
· 2 positions on the Murray State University Board of Regents
· 2 positions on the Kentucky State University Board of Regents
· 3 positions on the Kentucky Council on Postsecondary Education
· 2 positions on the Kentucky Community and Technical College System Board of Regents (positions are for the 2nd and 4th Supreme Court Districts)
· 1 position on the Kentucky Authority for Education Television
A nominee may not be a full-time employee of a public institution of higher education. Anyone who has a relative employed by a university, Council on Postsecondary Education, Higher Education Assistance Authority/Student Loan Corp. or KET may not serve on the board. Nominees may not have a conflict of interest pursuant to KRS 45A.340 (i.e. business with a public institution of higher education or the Council on Postsecondary Education).
Applications previously received during this administration will be considered. New applicants may request an application at [email protected], by accessing the Governor’s website, governor.ky.gov, or by calling 502-564-2611, ext. 347. Completed forms and resumes must be received by June 12, 2015.