- Jim Morris has joined Central Bank of Jefferson County as vice president, private banking officer.
- Bruce VanHorn has been appointed president and chief executive officer of Ashland-based Poage Bankshares Inc.
- Matthew R. Galbraith has joined Community Trust and Investment Co. as vice president, investment sales officer.
- Deana Epperly Karem has been named vice president of economic development for Greater Louisville Inc. – the Metro Chamber of Commerce (GLI). Brian Jones has been appointed vice president of membership and investor development for GLI. Brittain Skinner has joined EnterpriseCorp, the entrepreneurial arm of GLI, as assistant director, Kentucky Innovation Network.
- Richard W. Webb has been named executive director of the Harrodsburg/Mercer County Industrial Development Authority.
- Bryan Makinen has been named executive director of public safety and risk management at Eastern Kentucky University.
- Michael Hales has been hired as Northern Kentucky University’s chief financial officer.
- Joslyn Glover has been named director of the Office of Institutional Equity at Eastern Kentucky University.
- Diane M. Hawkins has joined Kentucky State University as director of communications.
- Donna Arnett has been named dean of the University of Kentucky College of Public Health.
- Robert J. Hammond has joined Moneywatch Advisors in Lexington as director of marketing.
- Sarka Takovich has been named general manager of the 21c Museum Hotel Lexington, which is scheduled to open early next year. Jonathan Searle has been named executive chef of the hotel’s restaurant, Lockbox.
- Louisville-based Long John Silver’s has announced the following appointments: Peter Czizek – vice president of culinary innovation; Margo Mize – senior vice president of marketing; Marilyn Nicholson – vice president of media and promotions; and Toni Bianco – vice president of operations.
- The Louisville Metro Government has announced the following appointments: Daniel Frockt – chief financial officer; Aaron Jackson – budget director; and Monica Harmon – finance director.
- Penny F. Owens has been appointed chief financial officer for Lifeline Homecare Inc. Owens succeeds Teresa Todd, who left the company in August after serving as CFO for eight years.
- Bruce Linder has joined the Kentucky Association of Health Care Facilities as executive vice president.
- Daniel Gilliam has been named director of radio for Louisville Public Media.
- Jessi Gross has been named director of annual fund for WaterStep, a Louisville nonprofit that provides safe water for communities in developing countries.
- Bryan Pryor has been named vice president of sales and marketing for Lexington-based Integrity IT.
- Paul Chase has been named chief operating officer for Florence-based Southern Air Inc.
- Joe Arnold has been named vice president of strategic communications for the Kentucky Association of Electric Cooperatives.
- Cadell Walker has been appointed director of development for the Bernheim Arboretum and Research Forest in Clermont, Ky.
- Steve Kelly has been named executive director of expositions for the Kentucky State Fair Board.