EASTERN KENTUCKY UNIVERSITY
- Craig M. King, president and CEO of Nicholasville-based R.J. Corman Railroad Group, has been named to the board of regents at Eastern Kentucky University.
JUBILEE JOBS OF LEXINGTON
- Brendan Burnett and Peter Barr have joined the board of directors of Jubilee Jobs of Lexington. Burnett recently retired as vice chairman of CTPartners, a global executive search firm. Barr is a partner at Block+Lot Real Estate in Lexington.
KENTUCKY BOARD OF DENTISTRY
- The following individuals have been appointed to the Kentucky Board of Dentistry: Tonia M. Socha-Mower, Lexington; Jeffrey Lucas Bowen, Lexington; Yvonne D. Bach, Louisville; and Sidney M. Brantley, Paducah.
KENTUCKY BOARD OF NURSING
- Lewis L. Perkins and Lucy M. McDowell have been appointed to serve on the Kentucky Board of Nursing. Perkins, of Goshen, is vice president of patient care and chief nursing officer at Norton Hospital. McDowell, of Louisville, is a nurse and admission coordinator at Kindred Hospital.
KENTUCKY CENTER FOR PERFORMANCE EXCELLENCE
- Elizabeth Burton, of Somerset, has been appointed to the board of directors for the Kentucky Center for Performance Excellence. Burton is CEO of Primepoint LLC, a consulting and training services firm that focuses on organizational change, learning and development.
KENTUCKY COMMUNITY AND TECHNICAL COLLEGE SYSTEM
- James Lee Stevens, of Dawson Springs, has been named to the Kentucky Community and Technical College board of regents. Stevens is a former superintendent of the Hopkins County school system.
KENTUCKY INFRASTRUCTURE AUTHORITY
- Paul D. Lashbrooke has been appointed to the Kentucky Infrastructure Authority. Lashbrooke, of Dixon, is superintendent of the Webster County Water District and represents the Kentucky Rural Water Association.
KENTUCKY WORKFORCE INNOVATION BOARD
- Debbie Morris has been appointed to the Kentucky Workforce Innovation Board. Morris is vice president of human resources for Bardstown-based Heaven Hill Brands.
- Kosair Charities, a Louisville organization that works to protect the health and well-being of children, has announced its 2015-2016 board of directors: Chairman – Jerry W. Ward, Vice Chairman – Wendell P. Wright, Secretary – John B. Hitt II, Treasurer – Robert Flowers, Directors: Kirk Carter, Eddie Chrisman, Randy Coe, Steve Hueston, Tom Larimore, Ferrell Lowrey Jr., Harry Lusk, Patrick Philip Miller, David L. Nicholson, David Owen, Kenneth Reiss, JR Riggs Jr., H. I. Stroth Jr., Glen E. Stuckel, Frank Texas, Martin R. Walters and Shawn Warren.
LEAGUE OF WOMEN VOTERS OF LEXINGTON
- The League of Women Voters of Lexington has elected its officers and board of directors for 2015-16: President – Tammy Fagley; First Vice President – Cindy Heine; Second Vice President – Donna Blue; Secretary – Lynne Flynn; and Treasurer – Steve Senft.
LOUISVILLE PUBLIC MEDIA
- Jose Neil Donis, Linda Sorenson Ewald, Clarence Glover, Nikki Jackson, David Saffer and Peter H. Wayne IV have been named to the board of directors of Louisville Public Media. Donis is a publisher of Al Dia en America, a biweekly Spanish-language publication distributed in Kentucky and Southern Indiana. Sorenson is a professor emeritus at the University of Louisville Brandeis School of Law. Glover is a retired principal for Jefferson County schools and a former NBA basketball player. Jackson is vice president and regional executive of the Louisville branch of the Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis. Saffer is a transactional lawyer and partner with Stites & Harbison PLLC. Wayne is a wealth advisor at Stock Yards Bank & Trust Co.
MOREHEAD STATE UNIVERSITY
- Wayne Martin and Eric E. Howard have been appointed to Morehead State University’s board of regents. Martin, of Winchester, is a consultant. Howard, of Lexington, is human resources manager for the Lexington-Fayette Urban County Government.
MURRAY STATE UNIVERSITY
- Jerry P. Rhoads, of Madisonville, has been appointed to the board of regents at Murray State University. Rhoads is a former state senator.
NATIONAL INSTITUTES OF HEALTH
- Aruni Bhatnagar, the Smith and Lucille Gibson Chair in Medicine at the University of Louisville, has been appointed to chair the National Institute of Health’s clinical and integrative cardiovascular science study section.
NORTHERN KENTUCKY UNIVERSITY
- William Lee Scheben, of Union, has been appointed as a member of the Northern Kentucky University board of regents. Scheben is a banker with Heritage Bank.
SAINT JOSEPH HOSPITAL FOUNDATION
- Diane H. Cashen, Lee C. Hall and the Rev. Norman Fischer have been appointed to the board of directors for the Saint Joseph Hospital Foundation. Cashen is the ESL coordinator for Bluegrass Community and Technical College’s Operation Read. Hall is vice president of Hallway Feeds. Fischer is the parish priest for St. Peter Claver Catholic Church in Lexington.
UNIFORM LAW COMMISSION
- John McGarvey, a shareholder in the law firm of Morgan & Pottinger P.S.C., has been appointed chair of Division E of the Uniform Law Commission. The Uniform Law Commission provides states with nonpartisan legislation that brings clarity and stability to critical areas of state statutory law.
UNIVERSITY OF KENTUCKY
- Frank Shoop and Claude A. “Skip” Berry have been appointed to the University of Kentucky board of trustees. Shoop, of Lexington, is an auto dealer. Berry, of Eminence, is chairman of the Wehr Constructors Inc.’s Kentucky division.
UNIVERSITY OF KENTUCKY ALUMNI ASSOCIATION
- David Ratterman has been named president of the University of Kentucky alumni association. Ratterman is a partner with the law firm of Stites and Harbison.
UNIVERSITY OF LOUISVILLE
- Paul J. Diaz and Larry M. Hayes have been appointed to the board of trustees at the University of Louisville. Diaz, of Louisville, is executive vice chairman for Kindred Healthcare. Hayes, of Louisville, is secretary of the Kentucky Cabinet for Economic Development.