UK hosts Auburn at 7 p.m.
LEXINGTON, Ky. (Oct. 13, 2015) — Rush hour traffic in Lexington on Thursday should be especially heavy with the University of Kentucky hosting Auburn in a game that will played at 7 p.m. on ESPN. UK is 4-1 overall and 2-1 in the SEC. Auburn is 3-2 overall and 0-2 in SEC.
Drivers should be aware of these conditions:
- Nicholasville Road will have two lanes running North and two lanes running South during the afternoon rush hour. Motorists should expect delays.
- Alumni Drive between Nicholasville Road and Tates Creek Road will be restricted to game-day traffic only.
- Patrons with parking passes are asked to have their parking pass hanging from their mirror prior to entering the area of the stadium to help with the sorting of the game-day traffic.
- Patrons for the game are reminded that parking in yards and on streets that are permit only parking is prohibited and will be enforced. See RCO 18-129 and 18-114 for details.
- Tates Creek corridor will not be changed but motorists should expect delays due to the amount of vehicles approaching Commonwealth Stadium.
- Due to game-day traffic congestion in the area, the Senior Center will be closed to participants on Thursday.
- For current traffic information on game day follow us on Twitter @lexkypolice or @lexwrecks