Lexington, Ky. – Williamsburg Mayor Roddy Harrison has been elected president of the Kentucky League of Cities (KLC) with Sadieville Mayor Claude Christensen as First Vice President and Richmond Mayor Jim Barnes as Second Vice President. The officers will serve one-year terms.
Harrison moved into the president’s role early when an officer vacancy occurred last year for KLC, which is a member association with more than 370 municipal members. The League provides a number of services for cities including advocacy, training, legal and other services, as well as insurance and finance programs.
Mayor Harrison said he looks forward to the year ahead and said KLC brings cities together on important issues and challenges and said cities learn from each other.
“Let me say again how honored and privileged I feel to serve as Kentucky League of Cities President,” said Harrison. “I truly feel we belong to one of the most dedicated organizations I’ve ever been associated with. When we work together as one voice, big things will happen and cities will benefit.”
The KLC Executive Board added three new members to its roster as well including Councilmember Marty Fulkerson, Owensboro Commissioner Pamela Smith-Wright and Crestview Hills City Administrator Tim Williams.
2015-2016 KLC Officers and Executive Board Members
- President – Mayor Roddy Harrison, City of Williamsburg
- First Vice President – Mayor Claude Christensen, City of Sadieville
- Second Vice President – Mayor Jim Barnes, City of Richmond
- Past President – Mayor Susan Barto, City of Lyndon
- KLC Executive Director/CEO- Jonathan Steiner
- Mayor Steve Austin, City of Henderson
- Mayor Daniel Bell, City of Taylor Mill
- Mayor Chuck Charles, City of Ashland
- City Attorney William Crabtree, City of Franklin
- Mayor Bill Dieruf, City of Jeffersontown
- Councilmember Marty Fulkerson, City of Elizabethtown
- Mayor Edward Girdler, City of Somerset
- Mayor David Jackson, City of Madisonville
- Mayor Bill Kelley, City of Middlesboro
- Mayor Teresa Rochetti-Cantrell, City of Mayfield
- Commissioner Pamela Smith-Wright, City of Owensboro
- Mayor Brian Traugott, City of Versailles
- City Administrator Tim Williams, City of Crestview Hills
The officers, Executive Board and Board of Directors were elected by membership during the 2015 KLC Conference & Expo during KLC’s business meeting.