Lexington, Ky. – From a qualitative sense, it’s hard to measure which story The Lane Report produced in 2015 that was the most popular.
But looking at the numbers for our website traffic from the previous year, it’s easy to see which stories our online readers visited the most.
Here’s a look back at our 10 most visited stories from 2015 on www.lanereport.com.
1. Lane Report publisher and Lexington Council Member Ed Lane passes away
It seems only fitting that the unfortunate story about our company’s founder passing away this past summer would be our most read story in 2015. Without a doubt, Mr. Lane is looking down smiling at the accomplishment.
2. Gov. Bevin files executive order for revised marriage licenses and more
One of four stories concerning newly elected Governor Matt Bevin. This story came just before the end of the year and quickly became one of our most popular stories.
3. Gov. Matt Bevin Administration: A look at the lineup
Looking at our website’s numbers, it’s easy to see that our digital readers are very interested in the new Kentucky governor, and with whom he plans to surround himself in Frankfort.
4. Amazon likes its Kentucky home(s)
A very popular story which appeared earlier in the year about the state’s fifth largest employer.
5. Lexington named a top 20 small city for college students
Thanks in part to the folks at www.visitlex.com, this story from a study by the American Institute for Economic Research was a traffic juggernaut on social media.
6. University of Pikeville President Hurley abruptly resigns
Interestingly, just before former UPIKE president James Hurley resigned, he gave an extensive one-on-one interview with The Lane Report, talking at length about future plans for the university.
7. Education website ranks best public and private high schools in Kentucky for 2016
Online readers love lists, and these rankings did not fail to disappoint.
8. Gov.-elect Bevin appoints primary opponent as education and workforce secretary
News of Hal Heiner’s appoint to the Bevin administration was very popular with our readers.
9. Gov.-elect Bevin appoints health and family services secretary
Love those appointments.
10. Top Women in Business: 2015
A very popular feature that appears annually in The Lane Report.