AMERICAN COLLEGE OF CHEST PHYSICIANS
- Barbara Phillips, professor of pulmonary, critical care and sleep medicine in the Department of Internal Medicine at the University of Kentucky, has been elected president of the American College of Chest Physicians.
AMERICANS FOR THE ARTS
- Americans for the Arts, a leading organization for advancing the arts and arts education in America, has elected Theo Edmonds as a member of the advisory council for the private sector. Edmonds, of Louisville, is co-founder of IDEAS xLab, an organization that focuses on training artists as creative innovators to help solve corporate and community issues.
- Celeste Patton Armstrong has been elected to the Berea College board of trustees. Armstrong, an alumna of Berea College, is the managing attorney in the Birmingham, Ala., office of Nationwide Mutual Insurance Co.’s trial division.
CENTER FOR RENEWABLE ENERGY RESEARCH AND ENVIRONMENTAL STEWARDSHIP BOARD
- William Mark McGinley has been appointed to serve on the Center for Renewable Energy Research and Environmental Stewardship Board. McGinley, of Louisville, is a civil engineering professor at the University of Louisville.
HOME BUILDERS ASSOCIATION OF NORTHERN KENTUCKY
- John Curtin has been appointed to the board of directors of the Home Builders Association of Northern Kentucky. Curtin is senior vice president of corporate business development at Paul Hemmer Co.
INTERNATIONAL COUNCIL OF FINE ARTS DEANS
- Michael Tick, dean of the University of Kentucky’s College of Fine Arts, has been elected to a three-year term on the board of directors of the International Council of Fine Arts Deans.
KENTON COUNTY AIRPORT BOARD
- J. Michael Schlotman and John A. Mocker Jr. have been confirmed as chair and vice chair, respectively, of the Kenton County Airport Board. Schlotman is executive vice president and chief financial officer of The Kroger Co. Mocker is partner at LB Industries Inc. Outgoing Chair William T. Robinson will remain on the board.
KENTUCKY AGRICULTURAL DEVELOPMENT BOARD
- Richard Warner has been appointed as a member of the Kentucky Agricultural Development Board. Warner, of Somerset, is president of Warner Fertilizer Co.
KENTUCKY BOARD OF EDUCATION
- Susan Kaye Edington, of Madisonville, has been appointed as a member of the Kentucky Board of Education. Edington is a teacher and program coordinator at Murray State University.
KENTUCKY BOARD OF HOME INSPECTORS
- Williams “Sha” Fister Jr. has been appointed to the Kentucky Board of Home Inspectors. Fister is a general sales manager and broker with Rector Hayden Realtors in Lexington.
KENTUCKY FARM BUREAU
- Kentucky Farm Bureau has announced its executive committee for 2016: President – Mark Haney, Pulaski County; First Vice President – Eddie Melton, Webster County; Second Vice President – Fritz Giesecke, Hart County; and Executive Vice President – David S. Beck.