16 acts scheduled
FRANKFORT, Ky. (Feb. 10, 2016) — Diverse musical sounds ranging from world music to Kentucky bluegrass will fill the air March 5-6 at the Lexington Convention Center on the Kentucky Stage during Kentucky Crafted: The Market.
Sixteen acts will perform during the two-day event. American Sign Language interpreters will be provided for all Kentucky Stage performances.
Each performer or performing group on the Kentucky Stage is an adjudicated member of the Kentucky Arts Council’s Performing Artists Directory, an online roster of performing artists in Kentucky.
Music on the Kentucky Stage greets Market visitors as they enter the atrium of the Lexington Convention Center. In addition to the music festival, admission includes special exhibits, hands-on activities, and shopping for art, craft, literature and Kentucky Proud foods. Rice said the diversity of art available, coupled with the eclectic lineup of musicians, makes the price of admission a tremendous value.
Tickets are available at the door or can be purchased online and are $10 for one day or $15 for two days. Children 15 and under are admitted free with a paying adult. For more information about Kentucky Crafted: The Market, visit the arts council’s website.
Kentucky Stage Schedule of Performances:
Saturday, March 5
- 10 a.m., LaMay & Reese, Americana
- 11 a.m., Butch Rice, Americana
- Noon, Colin Grant-Adams, Celtic
- 1 p.m., Dale Pyatt, Americana
- 2 p.m., The Reynolds Family Band, bluegrass
- 3 p.m., No Tools Loaned, bluegrass
- 4 p.m., Hog Operation, bluegrass
- 5 p.m., Arthur Hatfield & Buck Creek, bluegrass
- 6 p.m., The Rick Oldfield & Curnie Wilson Band, bluegrass
Sunday, March 6