Features works of 29 artists
FRANKFORT, Ky. (March 2, 2016) — Visitors to Kentucky Crafted: The Market will have an additional area to shop in this year — The Kentucky Gallery.
The Kentucky Gallery is a unique, curated shopping experience, featuring the work of 29 artists who are affiliated with one or more arts council programs. All of the work in the exhibit is for sale.
The Gallery builds on the success of the Kentucky Arts Council’s Kentucky Crafted @ the Breeders’ Cup Festival shop.
“Kentucky Crafted @ the Breeders’ Cup Festival was immensely popular, and we feel confident that adding that same kind of curated shopping experience to The Market will enhance what is already a high-quality exhibition of the best in Kentucky art and craft,” said Lori Meadows, arts council executive director.
Kentucky Crafted: The Market is the arts council’s signature event featuring the highest quality art, craft, literature, music and food found in the state. Dozens of Kentucky Crafted and select out-of-state artists, musicians and artisanal food producers make their finest work available to the general public during the two-day event.
The Market will be from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. on Saturday and 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Sunday at the Lexington Convention Center.
Artists participating in the Kentucky Gallery, listed by name, county and discipline, are:
- Dobree Adams, Franklin, fibers
- Wayne Bates, Calloway, ceramics
- Bill Berryman, Clark, drawing
- Robbie Cherry, Jefferson, jewelry
- Gary Cooper, Cumberland, wood
- Wendy Currier, Fayette, mixed media
- Steve Davis-Rosenbaum, Fayette, ceramics
- Louis DeLuca, Madison, woven rugs
- Brad Devlin, Jefferson, mixed media
- Wayne Ferguson, Jefferson, ceramics
- Linda Fifield, Jackson, mixed media
- Bruce Frank, Scott, photography
- Lindsay Frost, Jefferson, wood
- Joanne Hobbs, Nelson, feather trees
- John Keeton, Clark, wood
- Eva King, Calloway, paper collage
- Lori Larusso, Fayette, painting
- Marco Logsdon, Fayette, painting
- Robert Love, Fayette, mixed media
- Joe Molinaro, Fayette, ceramics
- Joanne Price, Shelby, printmaking
- Jennifer Reis, Rowan, fibers
- Patricia Ritter, Cumberland, painting and photography
- Dianne Simpson, Barren, quilts
- Sarah Spradlin, Bourbon, painting
- Tonya Vance, Fayette, felted vessels
- Jama Watts, Marion, jewelry
- Russell Weedman, Whitley, painting
- Maiken Ischiel Young, Trimble, fibers
For more information about The Kentucky Gallery, contact Kate Sprengnether, arts council public art and design director, at 502-564-3757, ext. 471 or [email protected].