Statewide academic competition tests learning skills
LEXINGTON, Ky. (March 23, 2016) — Russell High School took first in the state Governor’s Cup competition, while Johnson County Middle School won the middle school competition.
Russell High School scored 70.25 points to take the top spot. Johnson Central was second with 50.5 points, Daviess County High School third with 39.5 points, Campbell County High School fourth with 30 points and Paul Laurence Dunbar High School fifth with 29 points.
Johnson County Middle School won with 56.5 points. Winburn Middle School was second with 35 points, Campbell County Middle School was third with 32.5 points, Meyzeek Middle School was fourth with 28.25 points and Samuel V. Noe Middle School was fifth with 25 points.
Individual high school winners:
- Mathematics — Jake Halsey, Johnson Central High School
- Science — Cameron Keeton, Russell High School
- Social Studies — Isaac Oettle, Henderson County High School
- Language Arts — Karli Sanders, Daviess County High School
- Composition — Rachel Huck, North Oldham High School
- Arts and Humanities — Ali Wilt, Russell High School
- Quick Recall — Daviess County High School
- Future Problem Solving — Johnson Central High School
Individual middle school winners:
- Mathematics — Raymond Suo, Kentucky Country Day
- Science — Hasitha Ramisetti, Bondurant Middle School
- Social Studies — John Thornhill, Breckinridge County Middle School
- Language Arts —J.T. Reagor, Campbell County Middle School
- Composition — Maddie Kerr, St. Mary Middle School
- Arts and Humanities — Ben Humphries, Woodford County Middle School
- Quick Recall — Johnson County Middle School
- Future Problem Solving — Johnson County Middle School