Four categories available
LEXINGTON, Ky. (May 17, 2016) — The World Trade Center Kentucky is accepting nominations for the 2016 Martha Layne Collins Award for International Trade Excellence, which honors companies that have shown exceptional progress and success entering foreign markets. In addition to honoring individual recipients, the award recognizes the tremendous positive impact that exports and trade have on the overall economy of our region. Recipients will be recognized at the Awards Luncheon at KITS 2016 on Sept. 13
This year’s awards will be presented in four categories:
- Micro Enterprise (10 Employees or Less)
- Small Enterprises (50 Employees or Less)
- Medium Size Enterprises (less than 500 employees)
- Large Size Enterprises (greater than 500 employees)
Winners of the 2016 Martha Layne Collins Award of International Excellence will be celebrated at the Kentucky International Trade Summit (KITS). Each year more than 400 representatives from business, industry and government sectors gather to recognize firms for outstanding achievements in international trade at the KITS Awards Luncheon. Presented by UPS, KITS (formally known as World Trade Day Kentucky) is recognized as the commonwealth’s largest annual gathering of international trade professionals.
Any company that has not previously received the award over the past five years is eligible to apply. Companies do not need to be a member of the WTC-KY to apply.
- Business case illustrating success through outstanding commitment to, and performance in, international trade.
- Evidence of executive management and organization-wide commitment to international business.
- Uniqueness and creativity of international strategy/plan.
- Overall contribution to local community or to the cause of world trade
Nomination Process and Deadlines:
- Nomination forms can be downloaded here or found on-line at www.wtcky.org. Self-nominations or nominations by business colleagues will be accepted. All submitted information will remain confidential. Deadline for applications is June 30.