Nomination deadline Aug. 29
LEXINGTON, Ky. (July 6, 2016) — The Kentucky Manufacturer of the Year Awards is accepting nominations until 5 p.m. on Aug. 29 for the Manufacturer of the Year and the Employee of the Year. The awards showcase entrepreneurial spirit, community leadership and policy contributions made by Kentucky manufacturers to enhance the sustainable, long-term prosperity of Kentucky.
Awards recipients will be recognized on Oct. 28 at the 2016 Manufacturer & Employee of the Year Awards in Louisville.
How to nominate a manufacturer
Using the on-line nomination form, write an essay of support about the company (your own company, if self-nominated) based on the following three criteria, in three distinct sections:
- Innovation and Entrepreneurial Leadership pertaining to products, production methods or services. Describe on-site production of innovative, award-winning, “world-class” products and/or services; safety programs, unique product designs and/or processes; recognized characteristics such as high-quality products, low defect rates. Emphasis will be placed on Kentucky-driven innovations.
- Corporate Citizenship recognizing leadership in making a key contribution to the quality of life in the commonwealth and/or your community; include the economic impact of the initiative. Describe and list the nominee’s “corporate citizenship” and monetary, in-kind or volunteer support efforts. Examples include charitable recipients such as schools, parks, family clinics and not-for-profit organizations.
- Advocacy as demonstrated by promoting the advancement of manufacturing and industry. List leadership roles held in local chambers of commerce, industry trade associations, political action committees, and other groups that advance manufacturing and industry in Kentucky and/or the U.S.. Include years of participation and leadership positions including committee and board appointments.
How to nominate an employee
Using the on-line nomination form, write an essay of support about the nominee (yourself, if self-nominated) based on the following four criteria, in four distinct sections:
- Innovation contributed by the nominee in the work place including new ideas and helpful suggestions. Include descriptions of suggestions leading to improved productivity, safety, or profitability, for example.
- Teamwork demonstrated by the nominee in eagerly participating in group or team projects, thinking of others and the needs of the enterprise before thinking of self. Using specific examples, describe the nominee’s impact on the workplace through teamwork.
- Community Service exhibited by the nominee by giving back to the greater community. Describe how, outside of work, the nominee engages in the community through volunteering for schools, sports teams, public service, or civic activities, for example. List all relevant activities, past and current.
- Leadership revealed by the nominee as a positive role model, demonstrating high integrity, ethical behavior, exceptional work habits, and a strong character. Give specific examples of the nominee’s impact and influence on fellow employees.