Part of new certification program
FRANKFORT, Ky. (Aug. 18, 2016) — The first nine Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Businesses (SDVOSB) to apply for Kentucky’s new certification program have been approved, Gov. Matt Bevin announced today.
The approved companies are:
- Kistler Consulting, LLC (Louisville)
- Land Shark Shredding, LLC (Bowling Green)
- Semper Tek, Inc. (Lexington)
- Unique Staffing, LLC (Louisville)
- VECTOR Training and Consulting (Elizabethtown)
- George Mason Law Firm, PSC (Nicholasville)
- Legion Logistics, LLC (Florence)
- Jackson Environmental Consulting Services dba Jackson Group (Richmond)
- PSD Executive Protection Specialists, LLC (Louisville)
The companies received approval from the Small Business Certification Committee recently formed to replace the Minority and Women Business Enterprise Certification (MWBE) Committee. The committee also encompasses the KySDVOSB Certification Program.
The Small Business Certification Committee approved new applications for the following businesses:
- Corn Island Archaeology, LLC (Louisville)
- GeoMorphics, Inc. (Louisville)
- GNC Consulting, Inc. (Frankfort, IL)
- J2 Systems and Supply, LLC (Marion, IN)
- JB Consulting, LLC (Louisville)
- KLM Sales and Service, LLC (Bowling Green)
- MNC Brokerage, Inc. (Covington)
- New Horizons Demolition, LLC (Louisville)
- SITEK Incorporated (Lexington)
- Twin Cedar Custom Embroidery & Screen Printing, Inc. (Irvine)
The KySDVOSB Certification Program supports service-disabled military veterans who own a business and live in Kentucky. It is designed to promote growth among SDVOSBs and encourage these businesses to locate and expand in the commonwealth.
Nearly 60 Kentucky companies are already verified at the federal level and are encouraged to apply for Kentucky certification as the process will be streamlined for them. Approximately 70 companies have self-identified themselves as service-disabled in the state’s procurement system. All Kentucky-based SDVOSB companies are encouraged to apply.
The KySDVOSB Certification Program, effective July 15, was created by House Bill 183 and is modeled after the Minority and Woman-Owned Business Enterprise (MWBE) program administered by the Finance and Administration Cabinet. The MWBE certification program was created in 2010.