COVINGTON, Ky. – UpTech, Greater Cincinnati’s accelerator for data-driven startups, announces their next cohort. Nine startups from around the world will take part in the accelerators 5th cohort. Beginning on Sept. 6, these nine companies will begin the 5+1-month program. Each team receives free office space in Covington, a team of business support partners, mentors, community partners and much more.
“I’m excited for this year’s cohort,” said JB Woodruff, UpTech Program Director. “We’re bringing in our first international company. But we figured, why stop at one? So we brought in five. I’m also excited about the changes we’ve made to the program. We want maximum startup impact so we’ve made three significant changes including: Enhancing our curriculum to be 100% focused on developing investable companies, focusing our mentorship by creating two groups: mentors and subject matter experts (SMEs) and finally, fine-tuning our legal and accounting partnerships so that both parties get more out of their engagement. I expect great things from this cohort.”
UpTech helps its startups get market ready by providing each with access to myriad mentors, learning opportunities, and a dedicated team of professionals with backgrounds in accounting, banking, legal, and sales & marketing.
This year, UpTech received the most applicants ever, seeing a 43% increase from the previous year. The nine UpTech 5 companies were selected from a pool of applicants from 65 cities, 22 countries, and six continents. A panel of expert judges and investors selected the final nine from a semi-finalist pool of 15 in late July.
UpTech’s newest portfolio companies include the following.
• Healthcast: Healthcast makes it easy to navigate cold and flu season. It’s like a GPS for your health.
• iReportSource: The iReport app enables companies to simplify and streamline their entire safety program and data collection by gathering all incident information including pictures, video, and voice memos the same way every time, regardless of when and where. The information is then uploaded to the customized web portal that allows all parties to collaborate and manage the safety program. With our social media look and feel, task manager and data analytics, EHS and Risk Managers can stop chasing paperwork and missing important information and start managing their risk programs efficiently and effectively.
• Pāpr: Pāpr is an end-to-end hardware+software solution to provide businesses an alternative to printing physical paper.
• Rescoper: Rescoper is the only project management software with artificial intelligence that makes your team more productive.
• Road-aid: Road-Aid is a road data analytic company that captures and productizes collected road data for a wide range of customers. One of our first data products focuses on pothole data that is being tailored for governments, drivers, and insurers.
• Shogooru: Shogooru is a discovery & streaming platform for podcasts and radio. We make it possible for producers to highlight content within their shows and for listeners to find and interact with it.
• Social/Arcade: Social/Arcade is an online, drag & drop template service for launching branded Apps, Quizzes and Games – aimed at Creative Agencies and SMEs.
• TheMonetizr: TheMonetizr helps game developers monetize their mobile games by turning design assets into branded merchandise. Providing high returns and ultimate automation – from products to shop, to manufacturing and worldwide distribution.
• WhatSupp: WhatSupp is a mobile app for the nutritional supplement industry to help consumers make better-informed decisions when purchasing supplements.
UpTech is Greater Cincinnati’s premier accelerator for data-driven startups. The intense, 5+1-month accelerator program guides participant startups through areas of business development that range from marketing and fundraising to market research and pitching the company to both investors and clients. For more information on UpTech, please visit http://www.uptechideas.org/