LEXINGTON – A movie whose writer/director, three producers and two of its actors have Central Kentucky ties will premiere at 8 p.m. Sept. 8 at the Kentucky Theatre in Lexington.
“Couch Survivor” is a comedy that follows the executive of a failing cable network and the contestants in his latest project: A reality show in which seven people compete to see who can stay on one couch the longest.
Here are all the Central Kentucky connections:
• Writer/director Jonny Walls grew up in Wilmore, attended West Jessamine High School and
studied in Asbury University’s media communication’s program.
• Producer Matt Perry was born and raised in Kentucky and went to the University of Kentucky.
• Producer Zac Heath is from Arkansas but graduated from Asbury Seminary and lived in Kentucky
for a time.
• Producer Aaron Champion was raised mainly in Kentucky and attended Asbury.
• Jeremy Kozeluh, one of the lead actors, is from Lexington. He attended Lexington Christian
Academy and Asbury.
• Alex Beh, another of the film’s stars, is a University of Kentucky graduate.
The movie also has attracted national talent. One of its lead roles is played by Alexis Rhee, who was one of the leads in Academy Award Best Picture Winner “Crash.”
“I’m beyond excited to premiere my first feature length film in Lexington. It’s hard to believe I’ll be seeing my own film in the same beautiful Kentucky Theatre where I watched so many great films over the years. What an honor to be a small part of that grand tradition.”
For updates and ticket information, follow https://www.facebook.com/couchsurvivor/.
The official movie site with additional info, trailer, and production photos can be found at http://cinelineproductions.com/couchsurvivor.html
Watch the trailer
IF YOU GO
What: Couch Survivor
When: The premiere with Q&A to follow is officially set for 8 p.m. on Sept. 8 at the Kentucky Theatre in Lexington.
Tickets: Available online for $10 at http://www.kentuckytheater.com/.