Holding kickoff event Oct. 5 in Morehead
FRANKFORT, Ky. (Sept. 7, 2016) — Lt. Gov. Jenean Hampton has joined the Aerospace States Association (ASA) and established a Kentucky Chapter, Kentucky Aerospace States Association (KY ASA). The five areas of focus for KY ASA include aerospace, research and development, aviation, government and workforce development.
“Since the aerospace/aviation industry is Kentucky’s number one export, it is critical to build positive momentum through a unified effort across the commonwealth,” said Hampton.
KY ASA will be holding a chapter kickoff event, October Sky Launch, on Oct. 5 at Morehead State University’s Space Science Center. The event will include an educational session on KY ASA for any interested aerospace/aviation individuals, a networking opportunity for those individuals, a rocket launch, an open Q&A session with the executive committee and the screening of a space-themed film.
ASA is a national nonprofit organization that seeks to promote a state-based perspective in federal aerospace policy development, support state aerospace initiatives that enhance student/teacher education outreach, encourage economic development opportunities and connect private industry stakeholders.
The KY ASA leadership team includes:
- Lt. Gov. Jenean Hampton, Chair
- Dr. Benjamin Malphrus, Morehead State University, Vice Chair
- Edwin Webb, World Trade Center Kentucky, Executive Committee
- Dannette Wilder, Sealing Life, Executive Committee
- Kris Kimel, Kentucky Science and Technology Corporation, Executive Committee
- Brad Thomas, East Kentucky Power, Executive Committee
- Steve Parker, Commissioner of Aviation, Executive Committee