Election is Nov. 8
FRANKFORT, Ky. (Sept. 12, 2016) — Six tickets of candidates for U.S. president and vice president will appear on Kentucky’s general election ballot on Nov. 8, Secretary of State Alison Lundergan Grimes said. The deadline to submit certificates of nomination or ballot petitions was Friday.
The presidential slates which will appear on the ballot are:
- Hillary Rodham Clinton/Timothy Michael Kaine – Democratic Party
- Rocky Roque De La Fuente/Michael Steinberg – American Delta Party
- Gary Johnson/Bill Weld – Libertarian Party
- Evan McMullin/Nathan Johnson – Independent
- Jill Stein/Ajamu Baraka – Green Party
- Donald J. Trump/Michael R. Pence – Republican Party
Per Kentucky law, political party candidates for the office are required to submit certificates of nomination. Political group or organization candidates are required to submit a petition with the signatures of at least 5,000 Kentucky voters and pay a filing fee of $500.
All candidates on Kentucky’s general election ballot are listed on the Secretary of State’s website.