FRANKFORT, Ky. (Sept. 13, 2016) — The Governor’s Scholars Program (GSP) has announced the fifth class of American Electric Power (AEP) Foundation Governor’s Scholars. Funded by a combination of public and private monies, the program is cost free to scholars.
The objective is to support and recognize five Governor’s Scholars each year from within the 20 counties that comprise AEP’s service region. The program is a five week educational and leadership experience for rising seniors. The mission of GSP is to enhance Kentucky’s next generation of civic and economic leaders.
The five Scholars selected for 2016 are:
- Benjamin Mason, Letcher County Central High School, Whitesburg
- Rodney “Donovan” James, Shelby Valley High School, Pikeville
- Caleb Childers, Knott County Central High School, Hindman
- Rianne Kablan, Hazard High School, Hazard
- Nini Lam, Johnson Central High School, Painstville