Will serve for two years
FRANKFORT, Ky. (Nov. 22, 2016) — Stephen Pruitt, Kentucky Commissioner of Education, has been elected to the Council of Chief State School Officers (CCSSO) Board of Directors during the group’s 2016 Annual Policy Forum in Baltimore. Pruitt’s term runs until November 2018.
CCSSO is a nonpartisan, nationwide, nonprofit organization of public officials who head departments of elementary and secondary education in the states, the District of Columbia, the Department of Defense Education Activity, and five U.S. extra-state jurisdictions.
CCSSO’s Board of Directors manages the overall business affairs of the council and is the governing body of the organization. The board is composed of the president, the president-elect, the past president, and six directors elected by the members from the CCSSO membership.
CCSSO’s 2016-17 Board of Directors is:
- President: Melody Schopp, South Dakota
- President-Elect: Carey Wright, Mississippi
- Past President: Tony Evers, Wisconsin
- Board Member: Virginia Barry, New Hampshire
- Board Member: Hanna Skandera, New Mexico
- Board Member: Stephen Pruitt, Kentucky
- Board Member: Jillian Balow, Wyoming
- Board Member: Brenda Cassellius, Minnesota
- Board Member: Tony Smith, Illinois