NEW ALBANY, Ind. (Jan. 16, 2017) – One Southern Indiana, the chamber of commerce and economic development organization for Clark and Floyd counties, announced today that nominations for the 2017 ONE Awards were now being taken.
The ONE Awards recognize the finest 1si member-owned businesses in one of five categories. Nominees who choose to apply will be judged by an independent panel. Top nominees will be featured online with the public invited to choose their favorite. Winners will be announced at the event from 5:30-9 p.m. Thursday, April 6, 2017, at Huber’s Orchard, Winery and Vineyard’s Plantation Hall in Borden, Indiana.
Finalists for these awards will be selected based on a variety of criteria including business history, community involvement, response to adversity, newly-created opportunities and innovation in products or services. Nominations for the following categories are now being taken:
• The Rising Star ONE Award is given to a company who has been in business from 1-5 years. Companies must be located or headquartered in the Louisville Metro area.
• Business of the Year ONE Award for companies with 50 or less employees is given to a company that demonstrates business growth and community involvement. Companies must be located or headquartered in the Louisville Metro area.
• Business of the Year ONE Award for companies with 51 or more employees is given to a company that demonstrates business growth and community involvement. Companies must be located or headquartered in the Louisville Metro area.
• Growing Healthy Lives ONE Award recognizes and highlights employers that have gone above and beyond expectations in the areas of employee health and wellness. Attributes of an ideal nominee could include businesses that have health programs, incentives and environments that have shown positive results in improving employee health outcomes.
• Diversity and Inclusion Champion ONE Award is awarded to a company that has made significant contributions to the advancement of our community through diversity initiatives and inclusion efforts creating a diverse and inclusive workforce and/or supplier base.
“The ONE Awards are not only a way to recognize worthy 1si members but they also showcase the quality of all the businesses in the region. Competition is stiff with numerous nominations in every category, many of which have made monumental improvements or have had exceptional achievements in the past year,” said Wendy Dant Chesser, president and CEO of 1si. “We anticipate a full house and encourage everyone to register early as this event has sold out in the past.”
If you are interested in nominating a business for a ONE Award, you may do so online at www.1si.org. Nominations will be taken until January 23, 2017 and interested parties can self-nominate. For more information on attending or sponsoring this event, please call Amber Miller at 812-206-9024 or email her at [email protected].