Has more than 40 features and driver-assist technologies
LOUISVILLE, Ky. (Feb. 7, 2017) — Ford today introduced its new Expedition, which will be built at the Kentucky Truck Plant in Louisville and available for purchase in the fall.
The new Expedition is 300 pounds lighter and has more than 40 features and driver-assist technologies, including class-exclusive enhanced active park assist and 360-degree camera technology.
It also has lane-keeping aid designed to reduce unintentional drifting, adaptive cruise control and uses radar and camera technology to monitor traffic to maintain a set distance between vehicles. Its collision avoidance detection system helps drivers avoid other vehicles or pedestrians, while available Blind Spot Information System helps monitor blind spots outside the driver’s immediate view.
- Wireless charging; Expedition is Ford’s first vehicle to feature this system, which allows customers to place compatible mobile devices on an integrated charging pad conveniently located in the front center console.
- Wi-Fi hotspot supports as many as 10 devices at once, up to 50 feet away from the vehicle
- Dual-headrest rear seat entertainment system provides a next-generation video experience that allows passengers to view their home cable programming on either of two video screens or hand-held devices.
- SYNC 3, with both Apple CarPlay and Android Auto capability, allows drivers to stay connected on the move.
- SYNC Connect lets owners connect with the vehicle remotely using FordPass to start, lock, unlock and locate their vehicle from anywhere, while also allowing access to important vehicle diagnostic information.
- Power for passengers in every row, with four 12-volt power points, six USB chargers and a 110-volt power outlet that lets passengers stay charged and connected.
- 12-speaker B&O PLAY premium audio system perfected by acoustic engineers for a sound experience even audiophiles will appreciate.
- Advanced cargo manager with an adjustable shelf behind the third row lets owners create a storage space customized to whatever they’re hauling; even when parked on a hill, cargo won’t roll out the back of Expedition when the liftgate is opened.
- Panoramic Vista Roof spans two rows, a feature not offered by any competitor.