Scheduled for March 11
LEXINGTON, Ky. (Feb. 10, 2017) — Eight performance groups will take the Irish festival stage on March 11 at the Robert F. Stephens Courthouse Plaza in downtown, as part of the Lexington’s 38th Annual Alltech St. Patrick’s Parade and Festival.
The festival is part of an all-day celebration that begins at 8 a.m. with the Shamrock Shuffle to benefit Lexington Habitat for Humanity. The “Blessing of the Keg” will be held at the Alltech tents at 11 a.m. The parade begins at 1 p.m.
- 10:45 a.m. — Bluegrass Ceili Academy, traditional Irish dancing.
- 11 a.m. — Liam’s Fancy, traditional Irish tunes.
- Noon — Drunk & Sailor, shanty-singing duo that brings their high-energy, interactive show that’s includes audience participation.
- 2 p.m. — William Sutherland Reid Pipes and Drums. Originally founded in 1975, the group has played and competed locally and regionally at festivals.
- 2:30 p.m. — Lexington’s Kentucky McTeggart Irish Dancers. Since the mid-1990s, the McTeggart Irish Dancers have taught Irish dance in Central Kentucky.
- 3 p.m.. — Featured performers, the Prodigals. One of the most successful bands to emerge from the East-Coast Irish scene, the band members grew up largely in Ireland. Their original songs blend a funky and feisty energy that is pure New York with a passion for the traditional music of Ireland.
- 4 p.m. — Lexington Irish Dancers. The non-competitive performance group regularly performs at local fairs and festivals, including appearances with the Lexington Philharmonic Orchestra at Picnic with the Pops.
- 4:30 p.m. — Straight from Co. Armagh in Northern Ireland, Gypsy’s Wish weave a mix Irish folk and contemporary rock into an amazing blend of music.