Nomination deadline March 17
COVINGTON, Ky. (Feb. 15, 2017) — The City of Covington is accepting nominations for its 2017 Covington Business Excellence Awards. The nomination deadline is 4 p.m. on March 17.
The program acknowledges businesses in the community that have contributed to the city’s economic vitality. An award ceremony will be held in May.
All businesses operating in the City of Covington are eligible. Businesses can be nominated for any one of the following categories (businesses nominated more than once may only move forward as a finalist in one category):
- Significant Business Growth
- Community Champion (Enhancements, Involvement, Contributions to the local community)
- Innovation (Introduction of a Unique or Innovative Product or Service in their field/industry)
- Exceptional Customer Service
- New Business (business must be at least one year old and less than three years old)
- Out of the Box (Unique/Specialty Business)
- Exceptional Aesthetics (Exterior Stewardship/Beautification – demonstrating attention to the exterior appearance of their presence in Covington)
Businesses that have been in business for 100+ years and 50+ years will receive special recognition. Recognition will be given to the Top 25 Employers and Top 25 Growth Businesses, along with recognition for the finalists and winners nominated during the public nomination process.
All nominated businesses must be in possession of a valid occupational license, zoning permit and be in good standing with the City of Covington before qualifying for an award.
For more information call Suzann Gettys in the Business Development Division at 859-292-2163.